Daily Word

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Thinking of Mama Shinet!





Mama Shinet was a sweet, protective, sentimental, loving grandma.  Was also funny.  In her honor, Ursula has her middle name. - Billie


I loved the little lady and I loved her milk and bread. I loved her, period. - Mattie

Dear Mama Shinet.
It's been a long time since I saw your face, heard your voice or felt your touch. But, sometimes, when I'm alone, I can feel your presence. I miss you, love you and will never forget you. - Vata

She loved her family. I never heard anyone call her grand mama. She was our other Mama. I always loved when she came to visit us on weekends. Uncle Plummer would bring her to visit in his blue flat bed truck. I loved her hot water bread with her fingerprints in the top. I didn't need anything else, just the bread. I was satisfied. She played guitar and sang--"Annie, Poor Girl". Her brother Madden and she would sometimes sing together and she played the guitar. I remember she had a goat-named Nannie. She was just a pet. Mama Shinet loved us all unconditionally. May she continue to rest in Peace. I hope she has seen Chris. She was fond of him. - Jean

Thinking about you and some memories truly stand out.  Like when I was about 2 years old and you explained that I shouldn't call you "Mama" and told me who my mother was.  It was also around that time that you introduced me to Jesus.  You took very good care of me and I wish you could have seen me become an adult.  It occurred to me recently that my love for animals was not just due to Plummer, but also due to you because you loved animals, too.  I thank you for taking a 7 month old and giving her your best.  - Rikki


http://familybellgram.blogspot.com/2013/01/remembering-mama-shinet-on-her-birthday.html

http://familybellgram.blogspot.com/2010/01/mama-shinets-birthday.html

http://familybellgram.blogspot.com/2011/01/remembering-mama-shinet-on-her-birthday.html

http://familybellgram.blogspot.com/2009/07/1900-united-states-federal-census-jerry.html (about her maternal grandparents)


http://familybellgram.blogspot.com/2009/07/1910-united-states-federal-census-home.html (about her parents)

http://familybellgram.blogspot.com/2009/08/1930-united-states-federal-census-about.html (about Mama Shinet & Plummer's home in 1930)

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1940usfedcen&indiv=try&h=122080852 (about Mama Shinet & Plumer's home in 1940)

No comments:

Bell Chapel CME!

  Info for Phoning in: 1 669 900 6833 Meeting ID: 983 9548 3059 # # Pass  Code : 633057 #   Link and Code for Zoom Video Access:  https://us...