Daily Word

Monday, March 17, 2014

From "Praying God's Word - Breaking Free Of Spiritual Strongholds" by Beth Moore


My name is pride. I am a cheater. I cheat you of your God-given destiny. . .because you demand your own way. I cheat you of contentment. . .because "you deserve better than this." I cheat you of knowledge. . .because you already know it all. I cheat you of healing. . .because you're too full of me to forgive. I cheat you of holiness. . .because you refuse to admit when you're wrong. I cheat you of vision. . .because you'd rather look in a mirror than out the window. I cheat you out of friendship. . .because no one will know the real you. I cheat you of love. . .because real romance demands sacrifice. I cheat you of greatness in heaven. . .because you refuse to wash another's feet on earth. I cheat you of God's glory. . .because I convince you to seek your own. My name is Pride. I am a cheater. You like me because you think I am looking out for you. Untrue. I'm looking to make a fool of you. God has so much for you, I admit, but don't worry. . .If you stick with me, you'll never know.

No comments:

Bell Chapel CME!

  Info for Phoning in: 1 669 900 6833 Meeting ID: 983 9548 3059 # # Pass  Code : 633057 #   Link and Code for Zoom Video Access:  https://us...