It was 20 years ago today that the first issue of the Bell Gram was printed. It was typed on my Brother typewriter, copied at Kinkos and mailed at the Fort Lewis, WA post office. We really have come a long way. Copy and paste the first link to see our first ever issue. Copy the second link to see our first issue online in this format. I want to thank everyone who has helped all of these years. From the beginning Wayne Odd, Jr. was helping me with borders and templates. He taught me a lot about the computer, too when I was first learning. It meant a lot Wayne and I'll never forget it. Thanks to those who have contributed over the years in one way or another. If you helped me to keep the Bell Gram going, know that I appreciate you. If you submitted info to the Bell Gram, encouraged me in keeping it going, helped me to keep it going or if you just read it, I appreciate you. At times I have had questions about whether changes needed to be made or if anyone had suggestions. Often I was told to carry on as I'm doing. One issue I am sometimes concerned about is how often to send out the updates. I send the post out and then I get several comments, but they come in sporadically and my instinct is to send them right away. However, for someone who doesn't open their mail often, when they do they may have 10 emails from me on the same post. So I'd like to know how everyone feels about that. I can send the updates at a special time each day or once a week or every couple of weeks (ex: 1st and 15th). I will always send out birthday posts on the birthday. Please email me with your suggestions and thank you in advance. Please if you have suggestions for the Bell Gram, email them to me. I welcome all suggestions. As I always say it is not my Bell Gram. It is for all the family and should represent everyone. If it was mine there would be lots of pictures of animals and a lot more country music. :)
I love my family. God bless you all!
![]() |
| George & Molly Levingston Bell |
![]() |
| Tommie Bell, Sr. |






3 comments:
Congratulations on the anniversary of the Bell Gram. I have been enlightened and uplifted by articles, pictures and stories entered here. I would like to thank you Rikki for keeping it going and for the idea in the beginning. It has been an information trail for our family. Many of us read it frequently and some do not. I think it is a wonderful idea to post items so that the frequent readers know what is going on. If one does not read often, it is a reason to miss events like birthdays. I am happy to see updates so that I can make sure that I send everyone birthday wishes or reply to other items. I tell many people about the Bg and they are excited and want to start one for their family. It was a genius idea and I appreciate you. I think it would be good to post Family pictures for this issue. My April Column is ready for print. Next month, I will talk about grandparents. Thank you again.
Jean
I love the picture archive. Awesome.
Jean
Wow, how time has flown and you have remained dedicated, focused and as lovingly involved today as you were the first day. What character. I love the way you are ALWAYS FAIR and conscious of everyone's feelings. It is truly obvious how much your family means to you -- and vice versa, of course. My desire is for you to do what's most convenient and accommodating for you and your schedule. We know it will be what's fair and well-thought out. Noone could do it like you, Rik. We appreciate and honor you for your heart and hard work. Noone could do it better.
Post a Comment