Daily Word

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

In Memory of Our Mother, Pearlena Hay Bell

April 30, 1919 - August 19, 1979
Thirty years have passed --
and only by God's grace have
we managed to go on
all this time without you.
But -- without a doubt, your
legacy lives on -- a legacy
of nurturing, humor and
unconditional love. What a
wonderful genuine human being
you were. There's never a time
when your offspring are together that
one of your jokes, expressions or
demeanor does not surface, bringing
us joy. You were and still are -- our
"true North" and profound example of
"living on through others". Because --
as long as we live, you live. You can
NEVER be forgotten. We will
always love and adore you.
Written by Glenidell Perry as a way to express how we all feel about our great loss.
From: Jean, Mattie, LouVata, Mary, Wallace, Glenidell & Rikki
16 grandchildren
19 great grandchildren
1 great great grandchild

2 comments:

BellGram 2026 said...

Wishes----Mama, I wish you could have stayed with us longer. I wish I could call you and chat like we did before you left. I wish you could have seen all of your grandchildren. I wish you knew all of your great-grand children and the one great-great grand. I wish you knew about our President. I wish you knew that Roni has a Master's Degree and Ursula went to college with 4 kids and graduated with honors. I wish you knew that all of your kids had the fortune to own their own homes except Tony. I wish you knew that some grandkids are homeowners. I wish you could hear what is happening at Mt Sinai CME church so you could give us your spill on it and make us laugh. I wish I had seen the reunion between you, Tony, Nonnie, daddy and Joe. I wish I could have seen you when aunt Vata and Jennie B. came through the door. I wish you knew that Kenan is traveling all over the world and is the example of clean entertainment. For many years, I used to go to the phone to call you and share something and then reality set in. Now I just wish I could call you. We will forever miss you and love you. Until we meet again. Jean

BellGram 2026 said...

Mama: I still miss you and dream about you. You would be so happy to know how your children and grands are doing. When we have any type of get-together I think of how it would make you feel. I remember your teachings and the things you told me privately. We were blessed to have you and your love. You were blessed to have all your children love you very deeply. My kids still talk about the happy, warm and loving times they spent with you. I have made you a great-great grandma. Until we meet again. Love, your big foot baby. Billie

Bell Chapel CME!

  Info for Phoning in: 1 669 900 6833 Meeting ID: 983 9548 3059 # # Pass  Code : 633057 #   Link and Code for Zoom Video Access:  https://us...