Daily Word

Saturday, June 27, 2009

1930 United States Federal Census about Gent Hays (Hay)


Name: Gent Hays
Home in 1930:
Police Jury Ward 1, Claiborne, Louisiana
Age: 41
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1889
Birthplace: Louisiana
Relation to Head of House: Head
Mother's Name: Flora
Spouse's Name: Lily M
Race: Negro (Black)
Occupation: Farm
Education:
Military service: No
Rent/home value:
Age at first marriage: 35
Parents' birthplace: *Father: Alabama, Mother: Louisiana
Household Members:
Name Age
Gent Hays 41 (Mama's Daddy)
Lily M Hays 28 (Grandpa Gent's 2nd wife) (this lady I believe was also Aunt Eleze's sister)
Margie M Battle 6 **(Grandpa Gent's granddaughter)
Flora Mitchell 65 (Granpa Gent's mother, Mama's grandmother)

*Although on this document it says Grandpa Gent's father was born in Alabama, I believe he was probably born in Georgia and perhaps lived in Alabama before coming to Louisiana as a small child. On other census documents where he was alive (Will Hay) it shows him being born in Georgia. I will continue to research

**I'm not sure if this was a step granddaughter or not. I will continue to research this

Items in blue observed on original document.

No comments:

Bell Chapel CME!

  Info for Phoning in: 1 669 900 6833 Meeting ID: 983 9548 3059 # # Pass  Code : 633057 #   Link and Code for Zoom Video Access:  https://us...